World Wellbeing Week is about caring for yourself and others. It’s about promoting wellbeing in all its forms, whether that be looking after your body, mind or spirit. It’s about making choices that are right for you – both individually and collectively – and enabling everyone to live their best lives.
This week aims to encourage you to take action. Below are my top tips on wellbeing…
Engage in meaningful conversations 💬
- Chatting to people such as colleagues, friends and family can help build upon trust and a valuable relationship.
- Talking to individuals you have a lot of respect for can support in inspiring and motivating you.
Make time to get out of your comfort zone 😌
- Try new foods, activities, hobbies, places, people. This all adds to the experience of life.
Connect with your family and friends 🌐
- Feeling comfortable around people allows you to feel ‘at home’ and gain a better understanding of yourself.
Prioritize your mental health, along with your physical health ❤️
- Mental health and physical health are as equally important.
- Ways to prioritise mental health could be self-care, reaching out for help, meditation and yoga.
- Yoga also benefits your physical health, along with exercising, eating well, getting enough sleep and walking in nature.
Reach out for help when you need it (and ask for it) 👐🏻
- Mental health issues are not shameful! Seeking help from a professional is always a good idea. Everyone could use a chat from an external party and someone to listen.
Get creative and find a project that you’re passionate about to channel your energy into 🎨
- There are many ways to get creative, such as drawing, painting, doing something physical, listen to music or a podcast or anything that sparks your interest!
- Finding a passion project can help you feel better about yourself and allow yourself to feel more productive.
Take a break from what’s going on in the world (the news, social media, etc.) once in a while so you can have some peace of mind throughout the day without having to be constantly bombarded with information updates! 🔌
- Take time out for yourself to relax, such as reading a book, listening to music, taking a walk or going out to eat.
You can help yourself feel better by focusing time on self-care and thinking of others as well 🤗
- Focusing on self-care is not selfish, it’s mandatory. Be patient with yourself!
- Be kind to yourself and others, and give yourself and others a break.