Protect your employees with group income protection
What group income protection consists of
Group Income Protection insurance provides a guaranteed income for employees who are unable to work as a result of illness or injury. So, you are able to financially support them through what can be an emotionally and financially difficult time.
It can also assist you in effectively managing long term absence, with the additional services the insurer can provide as part of the policy. Rehabilitation programmes are often available as part of the product, supporting employees through stressful times and encouraging their recovery and return to work.
Income Protection can take a number of different forms. Usually it is designed to provide a percentage of the employee's gross pay less the employment and support allowance (ESA). The benefit is paid gross and, as the employer, you deduct tax and National Insurance before passing it on to the employee as pay.
Benefits for employers of having a group income protection scheme in place
- It is not classed as a benefit in kind if the company provides Group Income to staff.
- It should however be noted that when the company pays the benefit via its payroll system, the income tax and National Insurance are deducted from the payments.
- A wide variety of features can be incorporated into any scheme. Therefore, it can easily reflect an employer’s requirements.
- Scheme members still need to be medically underwritten by the Insurer. There will usually be a ‘free cover limit’ up to which, members will be automatically covered without any underwriting.
- A highly valued employee benefit which acts as an important means of staff retention and attraction.
Managing absence in the work place can be time consuming and can take focus away from running the business. Group Income Protection plans are more than just about paying long term claims; they will support the Employer in pro-actively managing their absence strategy.
Benefits for employees of having a group income protection scheme in place
- Income Protection protects employee’s salary should they be unable to work due to illness or injury.
- Central to any good employee benefits package it provides peace of mind for employees and their families.
- 21% of people have suffered long term ill health during their working life. Therefore, Group Income is essential in protecting employees if they are unable to work.
What we can offer
If your business already has a scheme in place, The Health Insurance Group can offer a no obligation free review of your existing arrangement. We have access to some of the most competitive rates in the market place.
We work closely with all of the main Insurance providers such as Metlife and Canada Life, ensuring we get the best, most cost-effective deals for you. Contact us today to find out more about the group income protection schemes we offer...
Protect your employees.
Find out more about the benefits you can offer your staff. Click on the button to contact us for a free consultation today...